SARAWAK EXPLORER (Tour Code 31) 8 days 7 nights
Day 1 Home / KuchingDay 2 Kuching: - City / Sarawak Cultural Village
Arrive Kuching airport, meet and transfer to Kuching city centre. Free at leisure.
Overnight 4-star city hotel in Kuching.
Proceed for Kuching city tour at 0900 to see most of the places of attraction around this historical city. Drive to see the gigantic cat statue, the mascot of Kuching city at Padungan before cruising through China Town. Stop at the Tua Pek Kong Temple, one of the oldest temples in Sarawak. From the temple, you can get a good view of the imposing Fort Margherita, which now serves as a police museum. Then, proceed to the modern Civic Centre Building where you can see another excellent panoramic view of the city. Pass through the superbly-designed St. Joseph Cathedral, the Syariah Court, the Satok suspension bridge and the traditional Malay houses built on stilts. Make a stop at the magnificent looking Mosque built along the river bank. Winding through the heart of the city, look out for a majestic looking Astana, the former palace of White Rajah, but now the official residence of the Governor of Sarawak, the old Colonial Law Court House. Then, passes through the Clock Tower and a granite obelisk built in memory of Rajah Charles Brooke
After lunch, proceed to Sarawak Cultural Village. The award-winning Sarawak Cultural Village is a unique "living museum' on a sprawling 17-acre site. It has seven representative ethnic houses with natives residing and making handicrafts. A trip here will enable you to gain a comprehensive insight into colourful traditions and cultures of the various races in Sarawak. Watch daily live performances highlighting the many vibrant dances of the people of Sarawak from an air-conditioned theatre. Overnight 4-star city hotel in Kuching. (Breakfast / Lunch included)
Day 3 Kuching:- Semonggoh Orang Utan Centre / Museum
Morning, pick up from your hotel in Kuching at 0800 & proceed to Semenggoh Orang Utan Centre. The centre consists of 740 hectare of virgin forest and it is home to orang utans, honey bears, hornbills, porcupines, storks, eagles, barking deer and monkeys. You will have an opportunity to observe how the orang utans are being rehabilitated and trained to fend for themselves before being released into the wild. Visitors are allowed to study and observe the orang Utans at a distance.
Visit to the Sarawak Museum, the highlight of the tour and is acknowledged as one of the finest museums in the world.
Overnight 4-star city hotel in Kuching. (Breakfast / Lunch included)
Day 4 Kuching / Mulu National Park:- Introductory Walk
Morning, pick up from your hotel and transfer to Kuching Airport for flight to Mulu National Park. Upon arrival, check in Mulu Marriott Resort. Depart to the Park HQ and visit the Heritage Centre. Informative, pretty displays of the information about karst landscapes, rainforests, and Mulu in particular. Proceed for 60 minutes introductory walk. An easy pace on raised wooden platforms, with clear signs leading the way, near the Park HQ. Good for an introduction around the area and the type of vegetation to expect as well as exposure to the heat and humidity. Overnight 4-star resort in Mulu. (Breakfast / Dinner included)
Day 5 Mulu National Park:- Deer / Lang Caves
After breakfast, meet at the resort and you will be transferred to the Park Headquarters where your guide will lead you to a 3km plank -walk through Mulu's amazing tropical rainforests. Discover Lang Cave and its beautiful formations and walk through the world's largest cave entrance; the massive Deer Cave. Relax at the open-air observatory for an opportunity to witness the phenomenal exodus of millions of bats out of the caves spiraling high overhead as they ascend to the sky where they will search for food. Overnight 4-star resort in Mulu. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner included)
Day 6 Mulu National Park: - Wind / Clearwater Caves / Canopy Walkway
At 0830 hours, meet at the resort and your guide will lead you to take a long boat that bring you through the winding rivers to a tribal Penan settlement. Continue up river to the enchanting Wind & Clearwater Caves. The Wind cave is famous for the naturally sculpted column and pillars of the King's Chamber while the Clearwater Cave was formed by the waters of this 118 km long cave system. You may take a swim at the refreshing clear water! The highlight of the visit must be to see the Rajah Brooke Butterflies hovering around the river and entrance of the caves. A most unique sight of nature well protected and conserved. Return by boat and you should be at the resort by 1300 hours.
Afternoon at 1400 hours, visit canopy skywalk and see wildlife and rainforest below you. Overnight 4-star resort in Mulu. (Breakfast / Picnic lunch / Dinner included)
Day 7 Mulu National Park / Miri: - City Tour & Piasau Nature Reserve
Morning, pick up from your hotel at 0840 and transfer to Mulu Airport for flight to Miri 1010 – 1040. Meet upon arrival at Miri Airport and proceed for a city tour with a visit to the Grand Old Lady at Canada Hill where the first oil rig in Malaysia was found and it is also the site to view Miri town and beyond. Continue the trip toward the coastal road to see Miri as a town thriving on the petroleum industry. Visit a Taoist Temple, regarded as the largest in South East Asia. Drop by the market place to see the locals selling jungle produce, wild fruits, handicraft and many other things unique to Sarawak. Next, visit to Piasau Nature Reserve, the home of numerous species of hornbills in their habitat. Return to and overnight 4-star city hotel in Miri. (Breakfast / Lunch included)
Day 8 Miri / Home
Transfer to Miri airport (Breakfast included)
How to book this holiday?
Our tour prices are based on: -
- Adults sharing a twin or triple (with extra bed) room basis.
- Per adult basis inclusive of all taxes.
- Varying numbers of adults travelling together as a small group in a private vehicle as per product options - Select - Twin or Triple Share (no of pax).
- Minimum number is 2 adults in a group staying in a twin share room.
- If sharing a twin share room is not the choice you would prefer, then you will stay in 2 single rooms by purchasing 2 Single Room Supplement as per product options - Select - Single Room Supplement.
- If you prefer to be a single traveler, you will stay in a single room by purchasing 2 adults as per product options - Select - Twin or Triple Share (no of pax).
- If sharing a triple room is not ideal for you, you can stay in a twin and a single room by purchasing 1 Single Room Supplement as per product options - Select - Single Room Supplement.
- The hotels allow double room if you do not prefer a twin room.
- Children under 12 years old can travel with minimum 2 adults in a twin share room by purchasing number of children as per product options - Select - Children (max 2 child per room). The hotels allow a total of 2 children staying in a twin room.
- Children staying in a Twin Share room will be treated as an adult.
- After you have paid for the total purchases by debit or credit cards, a receipt will be issued to you as proof of payment, together with details of your purchases and an itinerary as per the selected package will be attached for your easy reference. Please note day 1 on the itinerary will be the date as selected to commence the tour.
- Should you require to cancel your booking, please refer to our “Terms of service” under “Help” section on the top right-hand corner of the home page.
- Please advise us your incoming and outgoing flight details so that airport transfers can be arranged for you.